22 December 2010

Course Participation Self-Evaluation

Participation Self-Evaluation Name: ________________________
Course: _______________________ Term: _____________________
Circle the number that best describes your class participation: 1= excellent, 2= very good, 3= average, 4= just getting by, 5= poor
I have conscientiously prepared reading assignments. 1 2 3 4 5
I have reflected seriously upon discussion topics. 1 2 3 4 5
I have tried to bring empathetic understanding
to reading and research. 1 2 3 4 5
I have attended class regularly. 1 2 3 4 5
I have remained involved and engaged in this course. 1 2 3 4 5
I have contributed thoughtfully to class discussion. 1 2 3 4 5
When I talked in class, I remained on topic. 1 2 3 4 5
I have worked to bring depth to my comments
by preparing more than superficially for class. 1 2 3 4 5
I brought my questions to class or to the professor. 1 2 3 4 5
I have engaged in the questions and comments of
my fellow students. 1 2 3 4 5
I have spoken up when I disagreed, constructively. 1 2 3 4 5
I have been an active learner in the class. 1 2 3 4 5
I have treated my fellow students and my professor
with courtesy and respect. 1 2 3 4 5
I have brought any grievances forward appropriately
and promptly. 1 2 3 4 5
I have encouraged the best work from my fellow students. 1 2 3 4 5
I have read through comments on my work carefully,
and asked questions when I did not understand. 1 2 3 4 5
I have made appointments with my professor when I
needed assistance or wanted to discuss the material 1 2 3 4 5
Other Comments:


I assign myself the following letter grade for class participation: ______

1. Do you have any ideas for encouraging class participation (e.g. role playing, having groups of students come up with questions, writing short journal entries)?







2. If you feel you are not learning as much as you could from the class, what would help? Do you think that adding an exam or quiz would help you to learn the material, for instance?







3. Are there any concerns you have with the class? Is anything going on outside of class about which you’d like to talk with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Letter Grade Descriptions for Papers and Class Participation

Paper Grades   A range :   clear, arguable thesis in first paragraph; clear appropriate methodology; topic sentences starting every bo...