Edit Session for Technical Translation Assignment Professional Writing
ENG306 Professor Mead
Work through your original sentence by sentence.
1) Circle all prepositions and underline the phrase that follows. Eliminate when possible by re-ordering the syntax of the clause.
2) Identify the main “actor” of each sentence and place it as the subject of the main clause.
3) Study predicates. Identify the main “action” and place it as predicate of the main clause.
4) Search out and destroy all repetitions.
5) Consider changing run-on simple sentences into complex sentences.
6) Try to make translated document half the length of original.