Edit Session for Technical Translation Assignment Professional Writing
ENG306 Professor Mead
Work through your original sentence by sentence.
1) Circle all prepositions and underline the phrase that follows. Eliminate when possible by re-ordering the syntax of the clause.
2) Identify the main “actor” of each sentence and place it as the subject of the main clause.
3) Study predicates. Identify the main “action” and place it as predicate of the main clause.
4) Search out and destroy all repetitions.
5) Consider changing run-on simple sentences into complex sentences.
6) Try to make translated document half the length of original.
How to Receive a Paper Back from Assessment One of the most important and, alas, overlooked aspects of learning in college is the approp...
College Writing II ENG102 Spring 2018 ...
Below, I post the really helpful materials that retired classics Professor David Lupher (University of Puget Sound) has allowed me to use wi...
Literature & Theology RLS320/ENG395 Ours will be a very small class, which condition gives it the opportunity of a vigorous and e...